At the initiative of the Committee on Agricultural Engineering of Polish Academy of Sciences the Scientific Network “Agroengineering for sustainable agriculture, industry and rural araes – AgEngPol” was created on 6 December 2007. It is a voluntary agreement between universities and R&D units who, based on the contract, undertake coordinated activities on common scientific research and development to serve a progress in agroengineering.
The aim of the Network is wildly understood cooperation on:
- consolidation of scientific potential,
- facilitation of involvement of the Network members in national and international scientific programs as well as getting benefit from national and European funds allocated for the scientific research, technological development and implementation of technologies,
- exchange of information about on-going and planned research in different special fields,
- common use of scientific infrastructure and equipment of the Network members as a part of activities carried out by the Network,
- exchange of research, implementation and extension services,
- coordination of the research projects carried out by the Network members,
- promotion of the research projects carried out by the Network members.
The strategic directions of activities and the scope of subjects of the Network are determined by the Program Council constituted by all the members of Committee on Agricultural Engineering of Polish Academy of Sciences with a Chairman, Prof. Dr. Józef Kowalski. The Network is coordinated by the Research Institute of Horticulture in Skierniewice where it has its headquarter.